Finding the right travel nursing recruiter is something you can either let happen by accident or you take a proactive approach and ask the right kind of questions to make sure you find the best recruiter for your personality.
The relationship you have with your recruiter needs to be one based on trust and respect, so make sure you take the time to learn as much as you can about them before you enter a travel nursing job. It also definitely helps the success of your travel nursing job if you like your recruiter too. Travel nurses can come to rely on their recruiters for a lot during the course of an assignment, so it is not a relationship to be taken too lightly. That’s why I came up with this list of questions you can ask when you are talking to new recruiters to get to know them better:
- How long have you been working in the travel nursing industry?
- How many years have you been recruiting?
- Are you going to be my recruiter the whole time I work with your company?
- How many travel nurses do you work with right now?
- What is the max number of travel nurses you are allowed to work with?
- What is the standard travel nurse to recruiter ratio at your travel nursing company?
- Tell me something about your background? Where did you go to school? Where did you grow up? Etc.
- How many times a week will I talk to you?
- How are you going to contact me? Email? Phone? Text? Etc.
- What sets you apart from other recruiters?
- How do your help your travel nurses succeed?
- What made you want to work for this travel nurse company?
- What is it about this company that you like? Dislike? Is there anything you would change?
- What’s your favorite color?
What about you? Are there any questions you have used to qualify or get to know your recruiter better?