On assignment and need to shop for the holidays? Save yourself some time. Shop online! This wonderful technology not only saves you time, but money. You don’t have to wait in line, waste gas or go to the post office. And if you’re in a new city, fighting the local shoppers might be the opposite of fun.
Now, deciding which sites to use can be a little intimating, especially if you’re not sure which ones are credible. But no fear! I’m going to share with you the top 5 best and safest sites for holiday shopping.
- Overstock – Overstock sells a huge range of products including furniture, rugs, bedding, electronics, clothing, jewelry, travel and cars (yes cars). You can find some awesome bargains and be sure to check out the cyber week and sales. The best thing about this site is that usually shipping is no more than $3 on any item. And right now during the holiday season, it’s free. Even on the big stuff. Can’t beat that.
- Amazon– Amazon.com is the king of online shopping offering a ridiculous assortment of items. It’s basically an online market place where sellers host their items for sale. This may seem a little shady, but don’t worry, everything is regulated by Amazon. You can take advantage of fantastic deals, free shipping and even stream online movies, music and books.
- Zappos– Two words why you should always shop on zappos.com. Customer Service. Zappos has the best customer service of any retail store. Chances are you won’t have to speak with them unless something goes wrong with your order, but just in case it does, know that you will be treated right. Also, your order usually arrives less than 48 hours after you order. How do they do that? I have no clue.
- Cafepress– Need a personalized gift? From gifts for nurse professionals to sports fans, this place has it all. Browse thousands of already designed t-shirts, coffee mugs, iphone cases or design your own!
- Target.com – You love shopping at Target, right? Well imagine the same thing, but a thousand times bigger than any Target you’ve seen. Target.com offers a ton more items than what you see in the store. They usually have deals online that you can’t even find in the store.
All of these sites are usually really prompt on shipping, especially during the holiday season. But to be safe, make sure your estimated arrival date will arrival before the holiday.