There are a lot of great travel nursing blogs out there and some other sites have done a good job of compiling them into “Top Lists” (Top 50 Travel Nursing Blogs, Top 100 Travel Nursing Blogs, The Ultimate Guide to Travel Nursing: 100+ Resources and Guides), but here at Travel Nursing Blogs.com we are always checking out what’s going on at our fellow travel nurse blog sites and one thing we have found is that not all as are as engaging or up to date as others.
What does engaging mean? It really is a combination of things, like:
How current are they?
How original are they?
How often do they post?
When was the last time they posted?
How often are comments and conversations going on?
How often are they inspiring other posts, tweets, etc.?
How many people are linking to them?
This is not to say that the blogs that are not as engaging as others are not good blogs or their content about travel nursing or their lives as travel nurses is not as useful or interesting, it just means that they are not as active as others (and believe me, we understand, finding the time to keep a blog active can be a real challenge).
But we know that as a travel nurse you are busy, so this resource is just a tool you can use to see which blogs are the most engaging so you know the order to check them out for new updates.
The score is a calculation made up of the total of a variety of other scoring systems on the web:
- Technorati Authority Score
- PostRank Ranking
- Google Page Rank
- Alexa Rank
- Inbound Links (according to Yahoo! Site Explorer)
- Rank for the term “travel nursing blog”
- HubSpot Website Grader Score
- HubSpot Blog Grader Score
- Date from latest post
So with the rules out of the way the rankings are:
1. Sunbelt Staffing – Healthcare Job Blog – This blog hosted by Sunbelt Staffing encompasses more than just travel nursing, but it still has some good resources for travel nurses like: Is Travel Nursing for You? and Florence Nightingale – The First Travel Nurse?
2. Onward Healthcare Blog– This is the corporate travel nursing blog of Onward Healthcare. With a mix of information about themselves and travel nursing it is a good resource for learning about travel nursing. Some of its top posts are: Finding A Travel Nursing Job You Desire that gives advice to travel nurses from their recruiters and Travel Nurse Checklist Helps RNs Prepare for Assignments, which provides a downloadable packing checklist.
3. The Official Travel Nursing Blog – This is the official blog of American Traveler. It seems very similar to their other blog, I Love Travel Nursing, but does have some good posts. For example, RNs get your finger on the pulse of Personal Finance, starting today! and What Does Unionization Mean for the Travel Nurse? are good reads.
4. Highway Hypodermics Blog – This is the blog of a huge resource site for travel nurses put together by Epstein LaRue who has written as a guest author here on Travel Nursing Blogs.com. Some of its best posts include: Travel Nursing Jobs in Crisis and Travel Nurses Making Millions
5. I Love Travel Nursing – A travel nursing blog of American Traveler it is kept up to date regularly and offers some good posts like: Travel Nursing Careers are a Perfect Fit for Experienced RNs and The Top Ten Reasons to take Travel Nurse Jobs.
6. Travel Nursing Blog – Expedient Medstaff: This is the travel nurse blog of Expedient Medstaff that keeps its readers up to date with news about travel nursing and its company. Articles that make it stand out include: Travel Nursing….Regaining Its Strength! and The Eye In The Sky.
7. Travel Nurse Aim – A blog chronicling the life of a Travel Nurse, Wife and Mom that has suggestions for anyone interested in travel nursing. With some great posts like: Travel Nurse: Checklist (Work Facility) and Travel Nurse: Contract Items You Need To Address.
8. Travel Nurses Blog– This is Onward Healthcare’s travel nursing blog that offers news and editorials for travel nurses embarking on travel nursing jobs. It has some excellent posts like: Accept the Invitation; Social Networking Websites Allow Travel Nurses to Stay Connected and Staying Fit on a Travel Nursing Assignment.
9. Travel Nurse Jobs Blog – This blog is hosted by Cirrus Medical Staffing and looks eerily similar to American Travelers’ blogs. But as far as content goes it has some good posts for travel nurses. Some must reads are: Choosy Hospitals and Whoo..it’s time to pack!
10. Go Travel Nursing.com – A travel nursing blog that shares travel nursing tips, ideas, suggestions and comments about travel nursing. It has awesome resources like: Travel Nurse Job Application Prep and Selecting A Travel Nurse Agency.
11. Ask Conrad – If you have questions about travel nursing then this blog has the answers. Its better posts include: Now that we are in 2010 what’s happening in travel nursing? and Destinations don’t have to be famous vacations spots.
12. Adventures in Travel Nursing – This is an entertaining blog is written by an ER travel nurse and his wife, who has actually been a guest author here at Travel Nursing Blogs.com. Some of its best posts include: Reader Question, which looks at travel nursing as a career choice, and Holidays- Travel nurse style. But overall the blog is a great way to get a feel for the day to day life involved in being a travel nursing family.
13. Travel RN Gab – This blog by Gary Cox is a great one with a simple goal of simplifying the frustrations of travel nursing. Which for anyone who has read it would agree it does. Some of it top posts are: How to Converse With Travel Nurse Recruiters and Choosing a Travel Company.
14. Healthcare and Travel Nursing Jobs – Clinical One– This is the company blog of travel nursing company Clinical One. It posts a mix of travel nursing advice and jobs. Some of the posts that help it make this list are: Travel Nurse Salary: Tips for Determining Pay Range, which gives some basic pay data to help travel nurses evaluate their pay packages and Seven Surefire Ways to Ace Your Phone Interview! that provides some useful tips for job hunting nurses.
15. Travel Nurse Blogger – In this blog a travel nurse shares the experience of travel nursing and being a nurse in general. Some posts that make it stand out are: Travel Nurses and Generational Differences and Temporary Nurses Equal Quality Care.
Also, we have made these cool badges you can put on your site if your blog is on this list. Congratulations Top 15!
Just copy the code below and paste into your site.
<a href=”http://travelnursingblogs.com/”><img style=”border: 0;” src=”http://travelnursingblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/TNB-Top15.png” alt=”I’m one of the Top 15 Most Engaging Travel Nursing Blogs” /></a>
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see how the scoring formula works or see how your site ranked if it is not on the list.