Have you thought about travel nursing, but didn’t know how you could handle living in a smaller space with all your stuff? Well your worries are over, with this advice travel nursing can still be for you.
This great article, How to call the broom closet home, discusses ten great ideas for making the most out of small spaces. Not that your travel nurse housing will be as small as the spaces discussed in the article. But it does offer some ideas and strategies that you will be able to adopt to make the most out of the standard one-bedroom apartment you will have on most assignments (not that the mountain villa or beach front cottage never happens, but I wouldn’t count on it).
The areas the article discusses include:
- Editing or downsizing your life
- Strategically dividing your space
- The importance of getting organized
- The important use of light to make a room feel bigger
- Finding and using furniture that can do double duty
- Being creative in finding storage
- How not to give up nice things
- The value of somewhere different to go to relax at times
- What smart use of mirrors can do
- The effect of color choices