One of the cool things about being a travel nurse is obviously the ability to live in cool cities for three months at a time, but don’t forget about the fun of getting there. The travel nurse road trip is one of the hidden treasures of travel nursing and is something you should take some time and plan to take advantage of it. A great website I came across that can help you do that is Road Trip America.com.
It offers tons of cool tools and resources like:
- A Fuel Cost Calculator
- The Great American Road Trip Forum
- Routes, Destinations, Events & Road Food Articles
- Equipment, Driving & Preparation Tips
- Book & Map Recommendations and Audio Book Reviews
- Links to the Best Web Resources
- Tips for Renting an RV & Planning an RV Vacation
- Point, Click and Drive! – A collection of web based automated road trip planning programs
- And, Caution: Funny Signs Ahead (one of my favorite sections)
It also has an area where you can create your own blog and journal your road trip experiences in their section called “Personal Trip Journals”. Plus it offers tons of great links and resources to help you plan the road trip to your next travel nursing job.
Staying up to date with Road Trip America.com is easy too, with a Twitter account to follow and three different RSS feeds to subscribe to. So next time you start planning the road trip to your next travel nursing assignment be sure to check it out.