In my last post I listed some questions you can ask travel nursing companies before you take a travel nursing job to avoid a disastrous assignment. In this second post of the Ultimate Travel Nursing Questions we are looking at questions you should ask about the specifics of when you are on the job.
Travel Nursing Questions List 2: On Assignment
- How many hours of my travel nursing assignment are guaranteed?
- Are my hours at the hospital guaranteed?
- Have other travel nurses worked at the hospital before?
- Who do I talk to when I have problems with my travel nursing assignment?
- What about floating?
- Am I required to float to other units?
- What units? (If you don’t want to float be sure to tell them and have it included in the travel nursing contract).
- What type of unit will I be working in during my travel nursing job? What are its staffing levels?
- What nursing shifts will I work?
- Will I be asked to float to other shifts?
- Will I be required to be on-call? If so, what is the on-call pay?
- What about extensions?
- Is there a maximum amount of extensions allowed?
- What happens when I’m sick?
- Can I make up shifts?
- Can I extend my travel nursing contract if I get sick?
Again, I am sure I didn’t get them all so help us build the ultimate list of travel nursing questions by listing any questions you have found useful during your travel nursing career.