If you’re like me, you embrace any festive reason to celebrate. And this Friday, October 10th, there’s a really good occasion: Travel Nurses Day 2014!
Medical Solutions, a pet-friendly Travel Nurse staffing company, introduced Travel Nurses Day in 2013, in order to set aside a day specifically to honor and celebrate Travel Nurses and the unique, important work they do in hospitals and facilities nationwide. Travel Nurses lessen the impact of the nursing shortage, also providing relief to their colleagues, preventing nurse burnout, and ensuring safer staffing levels. Not to mention all of the hard work and great patient care they put forth! While working hard, Travelers also play hard and explore hard — embracing the awesome adventure of cities unseen and sights unknown.
So, a day just for Travel Nurses is the least the world can do, and, there are some pretty amazing prizes on the line this year for Travel Nurses Day:
- One paid vacation of your choice — a $2500 value
- Three Kindle Fire HD 6 Tablets (8GB) — each tablet a $114 value
- Three $50 gift cards from Tafford Uniforms
- Fifteen $50 gift cards from Zappos, Amazon, and Starbucks
And, becoming eligible to win one of these great prizes is literally fun and games! Here are this year’s amusing Travel Nurses Day activities:
- Find the perfect location for your next assignment with the “Where should I travel next?” quiz. Land in a spot that’s juuuust right, based upon your unique style, favorite things, and preferred surroundings. It’s like having your very own crystal ball, plus who doesn’t love an online quiz?!
- Three Photo Finds allow you to take advantage of your keen perception skills. Simply spot the inconsistencies between each set of photos.
- Write your own Travel Nursing tales with three Travel-Libs. Just fill in a few words and watch your distinctive, and likely pretty funny, story unfold.
Games are live now, so head to TravelNursesDay.com to get your celebration on, play games, and (fingers crossed!) win prizes. Happy Travel Nurses Day 2014!