Travel nursing is a career field where you will often find the time to make a lot of great new friends and memories. If you are at all creative this spells the perfect combination for creating a scrapbook of your travel nursing experiences. It just takes a little time, glue, paper and imagination to capture all the experiences you have during your travel nursing job in a fun way that you can you share with others. Here are some quick tips to help you get started:
- Sort your photos into either themes or chronological order. Keep the groups small and simple you will only want 3-6 pictures on each page.
- Pick your album based on how many photos you have. With lots of photos you will need an album with large pages. If you think you will need to add more pages later on get an expandable and refillable album. And of course remember to get sheet protectors.
- A good set of cropping scissors is crucial. And make sure you don’t cut anything important out of the photo you may want to have in the future. In fact, before you start make a back up of all the pictures you are going to use.
- It is all about the color so choose wisely. The best way to find the right color is to experiment and see what works.
- Don’t forget the decoration. Simple mats and other borders and backgrounds are the elements of a great scrapbook. Use acid-free glue or tape â€œsplitsâ€ to keep your photos protected.
- Remember the memories. Stories and information to accompany each photo creates more emotional for value for your scrapbook. Always keep in mind the five Wâ€™s; Who, What, When, Where and Why.
If you want to learn more (and I am sure you will) here is a list of some great links that can point you in the right direction.
Here are a few other cool scrapbooking sites that you might find kind of fun. At All Things Scrapbooking they have a list of all the top scrapbooking blogs on the web, a must resource for the serious scrapbooker.
This site, Picaboo, lets you design a scrapbook online and then have it printed and shipped to yourself or send it as a gift to someone. Happy memory collecting and travel nursing. You can even find coupons to this site here.