Are you looking for a real PEACH of a Travel Nursing assignment? Then perhaps you should consider The Peach State itself — Georgia!
Georgia is chock-full of natural beauty, compelling historical sites, and modern achievements. The climate is perfect for those who appreciate warmer temps year-round. From the action of Atlanta to the cool music town of Athens to the mystic, haunted history of Savannah to the quaint, European-style alpine town of Helen, Georgia has tons of great spots for assignments and/or fun trips on your days off!
Here are some fun stats and facts about Georgia:
- The cost of living in Georgia is 4% lower than the national average.
- 34% of nurses in Georgia are male.
- 66% of nurses in Georgia are female.
- Georgia is the nation’s number one producer of the three Ps: peanuts, pecans, and peaches.
- Georgia is the largest state east of the Mississippi River.
- Historic St. Marys Georgia is the second oldest city in the nation; it was first settled by the Spanish in 1566.
- The world’s sweetest onion, the Vidalia, is exclusively grown in the fields surrounding Vidalia and Glennville.
- Coca-Cola was invented and first served in Atlanta.
- Macon’s Wesleyan College was the first in the world chartered to give degrees to women.
Georgia offers amazing city sights and sounds, as mentioned above: Historical treks — from early America to the World of Coca-Cola, southern soul food and other great dining options, pro sports, museums, the Georgia Aquarium, the 3,200-acre Stone Mountain Park — a totally unique theme park with rides, golf, shopping, hiking, fishing, shows, and dining.
Nature enthusiasts will also appreciate the beauty of the Appalachian Trail, the Chattahoochee River, and so much more.
So, is Georgia on your mind yet for a Travel Nursing assignment?
Click here to search jobs — just click your specialty/specialties and shop jobs by the states listed, whether you’re feeling Georgia or another of the great 50 states!