In this next installment of the Ultimate Travel Nursing Questions we are going to give you some questions you can ask about the travel nursing company you are considering traveling with. With the economy the way it is right now you want to make sure you are working with a financially stable travel nursing company that is going to treat you well.
Travel Nursing Questions List 3: About the travel nursing company
- How long has the travel nursing company been around?
- How big is your company?
- What do you feel your company has to offer that is above and beyond any other?
- What sets you apart?
- Are there nurses who can give references?
- Is someone always available to take my call?
- Can I see a blank contract?
- What makes your company better than all the other travel nursing companies out there?
- Is my travel nursing job guaranteed by written contract?
- How much will I be paid on my travel nursing assignment?
- Can you explain your mileage reimbursement policy for travel nursing assignments?
- Does the travel nursing company provide help with licensing and my other credentialing needs?
- Is there someone at the travel nursing company to talk to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Who do I talk to if my recruiter isn’t around?
- Will I only have one recruiter my entire time with the travel nursing company?
- If I want to go perm find out if there is a clause in your contract to prevent you from being hired as a perm employee?
- What are the details of the clause if there is one?
- When did your company first start up?
- What, if anything do you see is an area in which your company could work on?
If you ask these questions of the travel nursing company you are considering up front you may be able to avoid some surprises during the travel nursing assignment. Do you have any standard questions you ask that I did not mention?